Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Miei genitori

I know everyone's waiting on pics from St. Kitts, but that's gonna take a while and I really want to post this. Just to warn you, it's way more serious that any of my other posts. Okay, you've been warned.


I have the most amazing parents. Ever.



My mom is so beautiful. She has got to be the strongest person in my life. She works full time, runs my brother and sister to soccer games and practices all over the state, bakes the most amazing cakes, and is finishing up her undergrad degree long-distance from BYU. That's just with two kids at home--imagine how busy she was when all 5 of us were home! My mom is so smart and I just love that. She loves to read and growing up she'd always discuss books with us at the dinner table. She discouraged me from reading mindless stuff like The Babysitters Club and instead encouraged me to read classics like Watership Down. "I think I'm turning into my mother." I hope that's true!!



My dad is the funniest guy around! (And boy does he know it ;) ) He is so goofy and fun--he always makes you laugh. Usually my mom had to get him in control as well as us kids. He's also so kind-hearted. He's got this really gentle way about him--which you wouldn't expect with his goofy side--and he's such a comforting presence. My dad is a server. He will never hesitate to serve someone in need. Unless there's already two other cars stopped, my dad will always stop to help someone on the side of the road. In my stake growing up, when I would tell people who my dad was they'd say, "Chris Cooper? He is such a good guy." And it's true.


My parents are so in love. After almost 30 years of marriage they still kiss and dance in the kitchen and cuddle when they watch movies. They are more in love than ever and they show it so us kids know it. They're also best friends. They do everything together, and I mean everything. I don't think my mom has gone grocery shopping by herself in years. They're always talking about stuff, just about everything but mostly smart stuff.
I've always paid close attention to the advice my mom has given me on marriage. Obviously it's good advice and their marriage is a model that I want Kurt and me to follow.

So to my wonderful parents, thank you for everything! I love you!!!



(On a light note: wasn't my dad's fro totally awesome? Yep.)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You have the cutest parents! And your mom is amazing. You're going to be the same, dedicated mom when your times comes!

Yes, still waiting for pictures of your second honeymoon. Can't wait to see them.

Alisse Baldwin said...

I'm totally diggin' the fro!

And my Mom's wedding dress/hat were like the exact same as your Mom's. Work it, girls!

Anonymous said...

K - you are such a clever girl!!! Nobody could ever had a more clever daughter and that's about all I have to say about that!

Thanks for all the nice notes and leaving out the time I whacked your bummy for hookin' that cupcake!

Love,

Dad