Friday, December 4, 2009

10 Things About Me

Inspired by Carissa's post.
Introducing... 10 things about me!

1. I love wikipedia. I can spend hours article jumping. Some past topics I've looked up are marsupials (wallaroos to be exact) and the etymology of our days of the week.
2. I've had plastic surgery on my nose. You know the part that separates your nostril, your septum? Well, mine was disfigured to the point that it partially blocked both nostrils, so they fixed that. But on my medical records it say "rhinoplasty" which is what they call cosmetic nose plastic surgery as well.
3. I have a really hard time understanding lyrics. But I memorize lyrics really easily. So I'm often walking around, singing the wrong, but sound-very-close-to-right lyrics to songs. Kurt understands lyrics really well but doesn't remember them well. Together we're either the perfect team, or the completely wrong team (depending on which parts of us you combine).
4. In my writing, I love using ;'s and --'s. And ()'s. They're fun.
5. I love Thursdays. I'm not sure why. I just do.
6. I have recurring nightmares about my teeth falling out, tornadoes, and, strangely, dinosaurs. I kid you not.
7. I wish I had to wear glasses all the time. I think my glasses are cute and I like the way I look with them on. But I'm not supposed to or my eyes will get addicted to them, or something like that.
8. I love earrings and necklaces, but never wear rings (other than my wedding ring) or bracelets.
9. When I work out, I hate having hair on my neck. Drives me bonkers and makes me feel hotter! I don't understand girls who can run with their hair down. Just seeing them makes me feel antsy.
10. I only get out of bed at :05, :10, :15, :20, and so on. I started it as a way to stay in bed a little longer. Now it's a compulsion. Which is appropriate since I'm OCD (literally... just ask my doc).

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Cool post. I'm the same way about working out - I have to have my hair out of my face and off my neck. I also don't understand the girls that have their hair perfect and all their make-up on. Do they not sweat? Weird.

Hope you don't mind if I use this (my own variation of course) on my blog sometime. It was fun to read! And I love your Christmas tunes...

Jennifer Bergam said...

Haha--you make me laugh. I love your background too.

Dave and Stephanie said...

amen to #9 about the hair. and i always set the alarm for random times like 7:23. i can't do the normal :05, :10, :15 etc.

Jayci said...

you and I were made to be friends. :P I LOVE Thursdays. I think because it's not quite the weekend, so it's not like time is going too quickly, and you are still full of anticipation for the weekend excitement just right around the corner. At least that's the reason i have come up with when people look at me funny that Thursday is my favorite day of the week. ha! AND I have the same weird dreams!! I HATE having dino dreams when Mark is gone - I wake up in cold sweats. Not one has been a happy dinosaur dream! I always come close to being eaten. Why do I love Jurassic Park movies then, you ask?? I'm NOT sure. :)