Yesterday was a kinda rough day. I started out pretty even, but late in the morning crashed into a moderate depression. When I got home from work, I just kinda sat on the couch in a stupor until it was time for kickboxing. I'm not quite sure how I made it to the gym. I knew it would make me feel better, but the effort it took to change and drive to the gym was stupendous. As I knew would happen, I felt much better afterwards. Not great, but a marked improvement.
[Kurt and I are sitting on the couch after my kickboxing class, between tv shows (catching up from our shows last week).]
Me: How do you put up with me?
Kurt: Huh?
Me: I was so mopey this evening.
Kurt: It's okay. Tomarlo por aqui.
Me: What does that mean? [Thinking it's some sort of Spanish/Latin American proverb he's managed to pick up somewhere (since he doesn't speak Spanish).]
Kurt: I think it means, "Popcorn for you." [Points to the popcorn bag on the coffee table where "Tomarlo por aqui" is written."]
Turns out that means, "Grab here."
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, now that's funny!!! So sorry you had a bad day, so happy you're married to such a great guy!
Did you get the A.com cert I forwarded?
I love this. I think we are all mopey at times, often more frequent than we want but as is life. You have a keeper;)
Post a Comment