Monday, September 5, 2011

September Goals

Guess what? Today is the 4 year anniversary of my very first post. (Okay, I wrote this post on the 2nd, but I scheduled it for the 5th ^_^). Anyhow, just noticed these little milestones in my humble blog.
I kinda took a hiatus from goals this summer. Things got a little crazy and one reason being I quit my job. August 31st was my last day as an administrative assistant. I miss the environment--coworkers, being around people every day, earning money--but I was burned out and I'm ready to focus my efforts on writing. I've got a few employment ideas up my sleeve, and I'll let y'all know as things develop.
So! My goals for this month:
-Figure out some sort of routine. It's strange to think of all the time I'll have (for a few weeks, at least). I need to have a routine to make sure everything gets done, both what needs to be completed and that which I want to do. Gotta have balance, right?
-Write every day... an on-going goal for me. Daily habits, even those that I love to do, are not easy for me to implement.
-Do some home projects ... paint the kitchen, (finally) hem the guest room curtains, paint some of my living room furniture, and arrange our bedroom, to name a few.
-Practice the piano every day, and I mean really practice. Maybe I'll even break out the Hanon exercises...

That's pretty good, eh?

1 comment:

Carissa said...

oh gosh the hanon.... never never never again. haha