We found out yesterday that we're having a BOY! Let's just say that my mother's intuition was wrong. Lots of other people were wrong. In fact, most people who'd voiced a strong opinion, had gone the other way. Kinda funny how that works.
But we're so excited! I love the idea that I'm going to have a mini-Kurt running around (and breaking things, and eating dirt, and being generally rambunctious). I'm so glad we found out the gender of the baby ahead of time. Not only can I plan (i.e., shop!) for him, but he now has an identity to me. Rather than being amorphous, ambiguous THE BABY, he's now a person to me, an individual. I didn't anticipate that experience, but I'm digging it.
Anyhow, we're kinda at the drawing board when it comes to names (we had totally zeroed in on a girl's name. boy's name ... not so much), so if you have suggestions, they are welcome.
Right now I want to post a bit about the nursery. Kurt is a "man's man," and I'm not the only one who thinks this--many people over the years have expressed this same statement. I want our son's room to be All Boy. I don't want it to be cutesy, but be something that he can grow into as a toddler and even a kid, if need be. And I've mentioned before that I want to do a bike theme.
When I found out I was pregnant, I emailed Joni at Lay Baby Lay requesting a bike-themed nursery inspiration board. She actually made two (one for each gender) that are SO cute and exactly what I was thinking of. Here's the boy one:
I love it! The navy is awesome, and she finds the best art. I want to capture the essence of this mood board, but incorporate a few more pops of green, yellow, maybe even some orange or red. I want the room to feel ALL boy, but also playful and be something he can grow into. That might be a tall order for such a small room, but here's hoping!
Anyhow, here's the art I'm leaning most towards:
I like the vintage-feel of this, though it's not my favorite.
I don't love these colors, but I love everything else about this print.
I love the euro and vintage feel!
also comes in blue
Again, I don't love the colors, but SO FUN.
This is probably my favorite. So simple and graphic, yet bright and bold. But perhaps too simple.
also comes in red
We really like graphic-type prints. All of these (super affordable) posters come from poster cabaret.
And the word-art print Joni featured that I love most is "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." It also comes in green, chartreuse, yellow, and red-orange.
Anyhow, just some ideas tossing around inside my head. I'll definitely have a rug of some sort, and most of the furniture will be white (if we stick with navy walls). I'm not sold on the navy walls, mostly because the room is so small. However, it gets A TON of light (the windows face south and west). And I love navy. So if we did another color, I'd have to incorporate navy somehow.
Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
Baby names?







3 comments:
Toby has dark green on the top part of his walls (for Oregon Ducks) and then the bottom part is white b board. It helps lighten the room. I have seen some cool navy blue with other color combos online. Here are a couple: http://www.houzz.com/photos/71296/West-Coast-Hampton-traditional-living-room-portland
and
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/inspiration-glossy-blue-walls-101421
Good luck finding the right color scheme! We couldn't do that when we had Toby (we were renting), but it was so much fun when Aspen came along! And congrats again...I am so excited for you guys!
okay i love the bike theme, So cute!! How exciting that you are now able to shop for your baby boy!
I love the bike theme! I remember seeing this board before when you visited, but now you really get to move forward with it knowing the gender. I love all of the art! You know me and my vintage-ness (is that a word???) So I love all with that feel, but all are awesome and seem to fit the feel you're going with. I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!
Post a Comment