Sunday, July 1, 2012

May/June Goals Recap


-Finish my WIP. I know, same song, same verse even. But did you know it's just as hard to write a novel while nauseous as it is to clean the kitchen? True story. Fail. Yet again. Oh well.
-Write a short story after I finish the novel (the novel should be done in about two weeks, so that gives me plenty of time for a short story) Technically a fail, but I deliberately decided not to write this short story, so we'll say it's a pass.
-Do research for next book. Make tentative outline. (I'm a semi-outliner.) -- This is optional. We'll see how fast I get the short story done. Another pass ... since it was optional.
-Accomplish these house projects: kitchen curtains, guest room curtains, paint and upholster kitchen stools, make trash/recycling can cabinet-thing, make our headboard, rearrange our bedroom. Success! I didn't complete the kitchen curtains or the cabinet, but only because the other projects took longer than expected (don't they always?). 
-Work out 4-6 days a week (don't worry, two days a week will be prenatal yoga and walking--not exactly strenuous exercise) Success! Some weeks it was only 3 days, but those were literally the only days I was able to work out, so I still count that as a success.
-Maintain a clean home. Because right now it's clean! And I want it to stay that way. Because maintenance is easier than letting it all go to pot, then trying to clean it all. Success! And I'm kinda addicted to keeping my house clean. Sometimes it gets a little messy (not dirty, just messy), but I never wait more than a day before straightening things up. It's been so easy to maintain my clean home, about thirty minutes a day for whatever needs to be done (kitchen, laundry, bathroom, etc.). I need to remember this in the future, because a few minutes a day is way better than hours once a week.

No comments: