Yep, today I'm officially 37 weeks.
Full term.
As in, baby could come at any moment and they wouldn't stop him.
Personally, I'd prefer him to stay in for another 3 weeks (or 4 ...), but my body's been sending me signs that might not be the case.
We're hurrying to finish everything for his arrival.
Kurt's painting the room (yay!).
I'm buying last minute items and washing his clothes.
And trying to get as much sleep as I can.
My life's about to change forever.
When anyone asks me how I'm feeling, I tell them good.
Because I am! I've had a great pregnancy and I really can't complain.
But if you ask me straight up, being pregnant is not my favorite thing in the world.
I get frustrated by my lack of ability to do normal things.
Like lift more than 20 pounds
Or turn around when I back out of a parking spot
Or eat sushi.
But there are some things I'll miss:
Feeling the baby move
My quiet, peaceful mind
I've told close people frequently during the last 8 months:
"I don't love being pregnant, but I love that I am pregnant."
And so it is.
Even if I'm never blessed with another pregnancy, I'll always be grateful for this opportunity.
But I am so ready to meet little Turbo.
And see my toes again.

3 comments:
Go Turbo! Good luck with everything Kristina and Kurt!
I'm with you. I am grateful I have experienced pregnancy and know what it's like to bring a child into the world...BUT I will never be one of those women who miss and love being pregnant. Never. I remember I burst into tears when I saw some joggers the last month of Aspen's pregnancy. Not just because I missed working out but because I just missed my mobility SO MUCH. And sleeping on my tummy. :)
You're almost there!! Can't wait to see your little guy! And you look fabulous by the way. :)
You know, if you casually add a 't' to that moniker, he'd be deep-water fish. Just a thought.
Post a Comment