Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter 2013

I was perhaps too excited about Lincoln's Easter outfit. His bowtie turned out completely adorable (even though it took me way too long due to having a hard time understanding the instructions, but then again, it was eleven o'clock at night) and he wore seersucker pants, for crying out loud! My little Southern gentleman. Also, I convinced Kurt to wear his tan suit and bowtie (and he spontaneously wore his boat shoes--good man) and I wore the prettiest thing I've ever owned (other than my wedding dress)--my chiffon maxi skirt. 
I love Easter, and I love how we Mormons focus more on Easter and the resurrection than Good Friday and the Atonement. I mean, we know the importance of the Atonement--it's mentioned every Sunday in at least one of the meetings--but without the resurrection, there would be little reason for the resurrection. Conversely, the resurrection needed the Atonement, because if we couldn't repent of our sins, I doubt we'd be all that excited about eternity. It's a package deal, and what a perfect plan Heavenly Father gave us and Jesus Chris performed for us. So grateful for the Plan of Salvation and this Gospel.
Okay, time for pictures! (I wish I'd thought to get pictures of just Kurt and Lincoln. Drat!)






No comments: