Kurt has joined his friend's brand new mountain bike team since he's doing a few races this summer. They had a team camp in Fruita, CO, so Lincoln and I tagged along to hang out with the other significant others. We camped with the crew on Friday night. Then Saturday the boys headed out for all-day riding, while us girls went on a hike. I borrow a friend's Kelty and Lincoln loved it. Shelly drove out to hang out with us and went on the hike with us. After that, us girls checked in at our (me and Kurt) hotel for the night and hung out in the pool for a bit and showered. I took Lincoln in the pool but we didn't last very long because the water was pretty cool and the room wasn't heated or in the sun. Then we ate dinner at a fantastic pizza place. On Sunday, we did our own thing as a family. We headed to downtown Grand Junction which is super cute--which I very surprised. (I dunno why, just was.) There's all kinds of cute shops and restaurants and they have pianos up and down the street for anyone to play. There was an art and jazz festival going on and I LOVE those. It was fun to peruse the vendors and I picked up a print from an artist I fell in love with. After that we headed home. Lincoln did pretty well in the car but he prefers flying to driving because he doesn't have to be in his car seat the whole time. :) Fun first road trip with the boy-o!
Sunday, June 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
what a great trip! looks like toons of fun.
Tons, not toons. Tons.
Post a Comment