Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random Thoughts About My Day

-I've finally gotten less annoyed by many of the people at work, just in time for it to be over.

-Speaking of, after today I have 18 days left of work. Yes.

-Kurt and I found an apartment today in Littleton! It's across from the Light Rail station and it's almost 700 sq. feet and it's only $545 a month. The only pit fall: it doesn't allow pets. Sigh. I'm now even further from my doggy companion. The other pit fall: we have to sign for it in person. In Colorado. Soon. So we're driving down on Friday morning, signing for the apartment at 3 pm, and then probably heading back right away (but maybe staying for the night). It's crazy, but also really exciting.

-I'm pretty sure I have my short-term career plan mapped out. I'm going to get my Masters in Creative Writing, however I need time to bulk up my portfolio and just fine-tune my talent since I've basically ignored it the past 5 years (sad, huh). So, in the meantime, before I'm a mom, I'm going to work as a receptionist or something similar and preferably at a publishing house or magazine or something like that. I would still like to be an editor. Also, my mom and I are going to write kids' books and I still want to write young adult literature. I feel good about this plan.

-Kurt and I went swimming with our friends the Winfield's yesterday for the first time this summer. It felt so good to be in a pool again.

-I'm sleepy and have a lot to do before we leave on Thursday night, like moving stuff around for Allison to get back on Saturday (we're subletting from the Wilcox's).

-I have to teach Relief Society on Sunday. It could be good ... it'll definitely be a learning experience.

-I really want a Coke. But no, I will be good.

-I have recently fallen in love with apricot/cream colored standard poodles. I want one. I'd also like a ragdoll cat.

-I'm torn between adopting a dog and buying one from a breeder and getting the breed I want. Tough decision. (Fortunately and unfortunately I now have a year to make it ... )

-I've laughed harder the past week of work than the whole 10 months I've worked here. Unfortunately, it's all been at my boss's expense. Fortunately, though, he hasn't known about and he hasn't been here.

-I think my resume looks pretty good now. I've been working on it.

-I probably haven't worked hard enough today.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Slacker. You need to get back to work. Jk. Loved the random thoughts. a lot on your mind right now..

Anonymous said...

It is better to have laughed and lost than to win at crying!

Scooter

Alisse Baldwin said...

I'm glad you found an apt! But... I thought your last LOL show was on Friday night?