Monday, April 13, 2009

In Escrow!

On Friday, Kurt and I took the plunge and put an offer in on a house. After negotations, we got a call this morning that the sellers have accepted our offer (at a phenomenal price) and by the end of the day, we will be under contract!
The house is older--built in the 50s--but in great shape. It's about 1400 sq. feet with a lot of over 10,000 sq. feet! It has 3 beds and one bath (we plan on putting a 1/2 bath, at least, in eventually) and comes with all new appliances. We are set to close on May 22nd. Sooner would be nice, but not really feasible with busy seasons still going (it's almost over!!).
Here are pics of our, hopefully, soon to be house!








5 comments:

Jayci said...

congratulations!! I love house buying... :o\ not really - but the end result is wonderful! I LOVE the yard. And that bathroom looks amazing.

Megan and Jonny said...

Excuse me while I covet your yard and bathroom.

(mmmm....coveting....)

I'm so proud of you--all grown up and buying a house! I really, really hope everything goes smoothly for you. Having your own place is WONDERFUL after years, and years, and years of renting...

Mandi said...

Way to take the plunge! It looks like a great house - we'll have to come visit sometime!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I'm so jealous!

MelancholySmile said...

Wow, what a nice, big yard! You could put a major garden back there. I'm also loving the little eating nook. I'd paint the bench and buy some funky modern chairs to offset it. SO FUN!