
You know, the strangest thing happened to me after I wrote my post on being bipolar:
A great weight lifted from my shoulders.
Not only that, but it seemed like the nightmares of yesterday were gone forever.
Silly me.
It's slowly sinking in (again) that I still have bi polar disorder,
that I always will have bi polar disorder
until I die.
And then, when I rise in resurrection,
I will finally know what it's like to have a sane mind.
That's a funny thought, because I used to think I had a sane mind,
so I thought I knew what it was like.
Turns out I was only dreaming.
I used to tell my family member with bipolar disorder,
when they would tell me things they experienced,
that I experienced them too and so it meant everyone experienced them!
Turns out the reason I also experienced them,
was because my mind was unwell.
Does anyone else see the irony/humor in this?
A great weight lifted from my shoulders.
Not only that, but it seemed like the nightmares of yesterday were gone forever.
Silly me.
It's slowly sinking in (again) that I still have bi polar disorder,
that I always will have bi polar disorder
until I die.
And then, when I rise in resurrection,
I will finally know what it's like to have a sane mind.
That's a funny thought, because I used to think I had a sane mind,
so I thought I knew what it was like.
Turns out I was only dreaming.
I used to tell my family member with bipolar disorder,
when they would tell me things they experienced,
that I experienced them too and so it meant everyone experienced them!
Turns out the reason I also experienced them,
was because my mind was unwell.
Does anyone else see the irony/humor in this?

4 comments:
It makes me wonder if any of us really have "sane minds." Just because we may not have an official diagnosis doesn't mean we don't have issues. You're bi-polar, I have issues with confrontation that border on paranoia, and my husband definitely has some signs of OCD. All the same, I'll bet it's nice to have an official name for it so that rationally you know what's going on even if emotionally you're going up and down.
I do see the humor in it, and it makes me happy that you can too. :o) Keeping humor through all of life's trials, whatever they are, helps keep us sane. ha ha! I think you are the strongest for being so open about this and we are all here to support you and help you laugh while you make us laugh and smile and cry. :)
i had no idea. you were always happy when i saw you. you amaze me.
good thing you married such a wonderful guy! that will always help you feel better.
Post a Comment