Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Spirit of St. Louis

For Labor Day weekend, I was able to go to St. Louis and spend time with Ryan, Mandi, and the boys. Kurt was originally going to go, but his 16 hour days got in the way. I still had a great time, though! I flew in on Wednesday night and the next day we took the boys down to the duck pond.

Then we walked to Sonic.



I love this pic, lol.

Making breakfast on Friday morning. On Thursday night, Mandi and I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (ala Jessica's super easy recipe!) and Mandi gave one to Max. These cookies are a bit messy, so he's got orange all over his face. Classic.
Then we took the boys to the park.


Then Caroline and my dad stopped on their way out to the Y of I and Ryan and Mandi took all of us to get some amazing fried chicken.




And on Saturday we went to the zoo!

After the zoo, we watched the Cougars beat the #3 Sooners. We freaked out--Ryan ran up and down his street he was so excited. It was seriously the best game.
On Sunday, Caroline, Dad, and I packed up the ol' Sunfire, said goodbye to Ryan, Mandi, Chris, and Max, and drove 13 hours to Denver. It was so great seeing my family--I haven't seen Ryan and his family in over a year. Thanks y'all for letting me stay with y'all!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

We loved having you here! Now we just can't wait until Christmas!

Jayci said...

fun trip!! mmm pumpkin choc. chip cookies!!