Saturday, October 3, 2009

From Placemats to Pillows

When I read this post, I knew I had to try it! So I hopped down to Pier 1 (which is 2 minutes from my house--glee!), picked out some placemats I like, bought 'em, and brought 'em home. Then I realized I didn't have a sewing machine. So I thought the pillow conversion would have to wait until February when I got my sewing machine.
Weeeeeeellllll, our friends James and Camille just moved here. However, they don't close on their house for another week and a half and we insisted they stay with us (they were planning on living in a hotel room for 2 weeks!). Camille has a sewing machine and she's been showing me the ropes! So I got to do my pillows! Lemme know what you think!



They look so good a) with my turquoise walls and b) on my black and red redone Pier 1 chairs! I seriously think redoing and converting and creating gives me a high. But it's a natural high, so it's ok.
PS--high school playlist is finally up!!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

They look fantastic. You have such great taste!

MelancholySmile said...

Love it! I firmly believe that pillows, paint and drapes can completely change any room!

Jayci said...

I LOVE THEM!!! I want to make some too now! Are they really soft and comfy? or is the placemat material stiff? they look comfy, I'm just curious! It's been a few months since I've been to Peter 1 (as mark calls it - ha!). I LOOOOOVE them. :)

Jayci said...

soooo.... I'm totally addicted to that girls blog now. thanks a lot! ha ha!