Friday, October 23, 2009

Froota or Frooeeta?

Two weekends ago, James, Camille, Kurt, Zumi, and I went to Fruita, CO, for some mountain biking adventure. Well, Zumi had some sitting-in-his-crate-in-the-car adventure. I believe he loved every dang second of it. Fruita is directly west of Denver by 4 hours and apparently it's a mountain biking hot spot. Well, we love mountain biking and hot spots so it was the perfect destination for us.
We left on Friday after work and got in around 10. Kurt and I got there first and by the time James and Camille arrived, I was already snug in my sleeping bag.

The next morning the boys got up at 6 for some early biking while Camille and I slept in till 9, when I could pick up my rental bike. And we got delicious breakfast burritos from Nathy's. After getting my bike, we met up with the boys and biked it up in the 18 Road area.

I look so good in bike shorts!! (BAHAHAHA)

After that we went back to Nathy's for green chile burritos. Mmmmm, delicious. Just a little heavy. I think we were all feeling a little heavy after that, but it didn't stop us from hitting up one more biking area: Kokopelli. We didn't bring the camera along on this ride either and I'm so sad because it was absolutely gorgeous. We were on the cliffs above the Colorado river and it was just awesome. Well, I had an accident on this ride. I endoed (which means I braked too hard on my front brakes and went sailing over the handlebars) into a ditch, landing on my head and getting all kinds of scraped up. After Kurt saw that I was ok, he quickly assured me it was the funniest thing he'd seen all day. Glad I could oblige, babe!

I have a boo boo.
Then we took my bike back to the shop and headed home. It was a really fun, short trip!

4 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Um, hi lovah. Your bday is in like 1 month. Yay!

The pic of you in your sleeping bag peeking out the tent is reminding me of a similiar blackmail photo Punkin & I have with you in your underwear with a blanket around your face like a Muslim.

And yes, you are sexy in spandex.

Debbie said...

You guys go on such fun excursions. I'm jealous! Sorry about biffing, it - ouch! But it sounds like you had a great time.

Jayci said...

you are awesome!!! i want to be your neighbor and have fun in all your outdoor adventures, too! Sounds like a great time. woohoo for hilarious - and not damaging bike crashes. :P glad you're a-ok

Anonymous said...

Looks more like an owie than a boo-boo. Seriously.