
We've been having some really lovely days lately that scream, "Spring is next week!" I've been spending my lunch breaks in my car, soaking up the sunshine and Diet Dr. P. I've been feeling giddy and happy and grateful. Yesterday in church, we sang a hymn that sums up how I feel almost 100% of the time right now.
For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.
For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon and stars of light,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.
For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above,
Pleasures pure and undefiled,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

2 comments:
LOVE that hymn. It always reminds me of my sisters because it is sung in the movie "Little Women." We use to watch it over and over again - back when we were all under the same roof. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!
We sang this hymn on Sunday too!!!! SUCH a beautiful hymn; might be lame, but I have LOVED it ever since I saw Titanic. :P hahaha!! Sorry... lame-o reason, but it's when I really listened to the words. SO beautiful.. for such a beautiful earth!
Post a Comment