Sooooo.... Kurt likes to make fun of my pear. I happen to love it. And I think I did a decent job on this table, decorating and what not. I think the mirror is pretty cool. This table is actually REALLY old. It was Kurt's great grandmother's.

The table in all it's glory. And, yikes, my legs. And painting basketball shorts (they've served me well over the last 5 or 6 years...)
We've bought a love seat! And got a side table that you can't see (thank you Ikea $12 Lack tables). Eventually we want to build bookshelves on that far wall, and then the love seat will move.

This is the same, but I discovered that I have a backlight function on our new camera. So it looks good!
This room just needs curtains and it'll be pretty much done for the time being. Except I want to get a rug. Someday...

And same as the last pictures, nothing changed in this one, it's just way better quality than the last pictures of it. We should've hung the chandelier lower, but it's too late now I supposed. Oh man, I love those curtains and that pineapple chandelier.

So, BIG change in the bedroom. Moved everything around. And got some pictures and hooks up. I LOVE IT!! Those pictures above the bed are my pseudo-headboard and they look so stinkin' good! And it was about a $60 project, you can't beat that. Way better than a $400 headboard. You can't tell in this picture, but they're black and whites of cherry blossoms. Which, many of you know, I love since I love all things Japanese.
Oh, also, I'm thinking about putting vinyl lettering that says, "Sogni di oro, dorme bene." Every night since we were dating, I tell Kurt, "Sweet dreams, sleep well" and he says the Italian back to me. But I'm wondering if that would be too much going on on the walls? Let me know what you think. Or maybe just "Sogni di oro." (It's equivalent to sweet dreams, but actually means "dreams of gold.")
Oh yeah, and I want to make 3 decorative pillows. Well, the covers at least, not the actual pillows. I just need a sewing machine, dang it. Unless anyone knows where I can get square black pillow covers.

Ok, so the hooks. I'm not sure I love them there now that they're up. But it took a lot to hang them and Kurt was so good about it, I can't ask him to move them. Maybe in a year. I mean, they're really cute (and I got all 3 for $1.65!), and I need the hooks to hang my purses up. But they might be crowding the wall. What do you think?

UGH! WE NEED CLOSET DOORS! That's our next project. Closet doors and new closet floors. Right now they're this gross, ratty carpet. We're going to rip it up and put down cedar planks. They'll look nice, smell good and keep away moths. It's a win-win-win situation.

12 comments:
Love the kitchen and so many bright colors! looks fantastic.
In my professional opinion (meaning that I suck at decorating, so take it as you will), I would leave out the lettering. I love the 'headboard' and I think it would just be a distraction. But then again, I'm a minimalist. And I hate the vinyl lettering craze. So I might be prejudiced.
I agree with you about the hooks. It's a little crowded.
I love your little table. And I like the pear.
I also like the white cupboards. That Camille does some fine work.
I love all of it! And we really are twinners/lovers because we have at least 2 whole rooms that look almost identical in our 2 houses. And we managed to accomplish that living in different states, without each other's influence. Man, we were MFEO.
I think it all looks fabulous. I think you have awesome decorating skills and you are welcome to decorate my home anytime. :)
I ADORE your bedroom! I just bought 5 frames to do the same thing above our bed, because I cannot justify spending my life's savings on a headboard. You are a very talented decorator- I may need to get some tips from you! But what I really want is to see it in person :) Perhaps a trip to Colorado is in our future!
I've been dying to paint my cabinets-- you'll have to let me know how you did it and how well they hold up. I just can't stand the thought of paying a pro to do it, {can't afford it anyway} but don't want to RUIN my perfectly good cabinets just because I don't like the wood.
ooo ooo ooo! i am so with you on the color thing! white palettes=museum=one pretends to like it=snore=dead=no tan for the rest of your life=dang.
however, white cabinets with green kitchen...tah!dah! a-maze-azing!!!
and can i just say...i love love love red velvet! thanks for sharing bakerella with me! i am so making those cake balls! like, um, now.
I love the idea of that vinyl on your bedroom walls; "dreams of gold" fits perfectly with the lovely 'lellow' walls!!!! I love that he says it to you in Italian - you have such a romantic husband! awww - And the pictures of the cherry blossoms; I love that hung them low like that. AND the hooks - i love them!! If you think the purses and bags are crowded you could always find other things to hang, like letters on ribbon, or other frames? I love love love the pictures!! You are awesome. AND I finally figured out who you remind me of in that bridal picture of you on the top right: Jessica Beil from the Illusionist - so beautiful!! I love your long hair there. I'm trying to grow mine out again, and your pictures are my motivation; but then I see your cute SHORT hair and I want to cut it again. Dang it! haha!
The hooks and the headboard really work!!
Great house! Love the colors! And great pictures and such. You should look on knockoffwood.blogspot.com It tells you how to make headboards, dressers, organizers...etc for way cheap. Some good stuff on there. Check it out!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm loving all the color in your home. Isn't green the best?! You've done a great job working with what you've got. As long as you surround yourself with things you love, then you can't go wrong.
Heidi from Budget Wise Home
oh wow, everything looks amazing! seriously, love all the colors and especially your bedroom color scheme and wall pictures. and I like the pear!
Post a Comment