Saturday, August 28, 2010

July Fourth Celebrations, Part One

Finally getting caught up on my posts! I haven't been this behind in years. I've just been so busy with finishing my book and school and what not. Seriously haven't been this busy in a long time. But it's been a good busy!
So, for 4th of July weekend, we decided to go up to Utah to hit up Ikea for some kitchen reno supplies. We also decided to do our now traditional Y hike with our besties, the Wilcox's! We arrived at their house on the 2nd and had some fun for a bit. Allison and I laid out while Kurt went to lunch with some other friends and Alex worked. Then, for dinner, we all went to Art City Trolley in Springville.


Then we went to Provo Freedom Festival where:

Kurt got a 5 minute back massage

I got a delicious chocolate covered frozen banana

We ran into Bee Money, the local Provo rapper

We wore silly sunglasses

Kurt and Alex played foosball

We played musical chairs

I battled Allison in paper rock scissors

And took silly pictures.
The boys didn't want to go but we all ended up having a really awesome time!
Then that night, the night before the hike, the boys decided to do an all-night hike up King's Peak, the tallest mountain Utah.

So hopeful.

So crazy.

Next up: the hike!

2 comments:

Jayci said...

Dang - did they make it all the way up? That's intense! Sounds like a really fun fun fun trip to Utah. :)

Lynsey said...

What a fun time! Luv the sunglasses!