Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Beaver Creek

All summer my boss ran a sales campaign where the winners got to stay at a five star hotel in the mountains for two nights. Well, since I ran the entire campaign by myself, he paid for me and Kurt to go too! We had an AWESOME time. Mountain biking, sleeping, hiking, eating, soaking in the hot tub, swimming in the pool. The hotel was super nice and the mountains were gorgeous! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I work for an awesome boss!

We started things off right with a trip to Smash Burger. Kurt looks like an evil man with a penchant for root beer floats in this pic.


The next morning we hopped onto the chair lift with our bikes for some mountain biking!




Err, this pic is out of order. Getting ready for mountain biking.


We've been biking for about 30 minutes and I've already crashed twice! By the end of the day, I crashed three times and got a mild concussion. But no, it does not deter me from biking in the future. I love it too much!


The next day we went for a hike through the mountains. It was so green and beautiful!


There's a waterfall back there.


We hiked to a pretty lake. I look absolutely terrible in this pic.


Kurt ate his lunch while wading in the water. But that wasn't enough for him...


and he had to go for a dip!

3 comments:

Jayci said...

That is totally the way to go mtn biking!! (not the falling or concussion getting, the chair lift!) I've never known people to do that. Where have I been? Oh ya. Without a bike. It's on my list of things to get when our kiddos are a little older. For now I guess I'll use Mark's when we do our Alaskan hiking/biking adventure! I'm so up for that. :P Plus IHOP.

Jayci said...

sorry 'bout that!

Debbie said...

For some reason I have not seen the past 3 posts, it never updated on my blog. I just want to say 1) Huckleberry shake sounds divine. 2) You do have awesome baby shower throwing skills. 3) All your mountain biking pictures makes me want to go. Looks like so much fun!