Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kitchen Wars: Our "Pantry"

     It's been forever since I blogged about the kitchen! And not for lack of updates. Mostly I've been pouring my blogging attention into my new author blog and my non-blogging attention into school work. Busy busy busy!
     During our reno, we stumbled across sundry extra cabinets in our house and sheds. Including a really tall one!  The tall one was a veritable treasure chest, filled with stuffed animals, camel backs, and kid-sized elbow and knee pads. I used to have a picture of the loot back before our computer crashed ... sigh.
     Anyhow! With all of the extra cabinets, we practically have a pantry! And, as luck would have it, we had an extra counter top. Okay, that sounds strange but here's what happened: I originally thought it would be cool have some open shelving across the new wall we built, so while at Ikea last summer, we bought an extra slab of counter but the less-thick slab. We were going to cut it up and use as shelves. Well, once we got the wall built and the cabinets moved, we realized that wouldn't work. But wouldn't you know it, we had all this extra cabinetry along the back wall that needed a counter top ... what serendipity! We didn't have enough cabinetry to stretch along the entire wall/under the whole counter top slab, so we left a hole to make a little desk like area that will be my writing area. :)
We're going to add molding to the top of the tall one so it looks built in.

Date: I give up. Sometime in May, probably. :)

No comments: