I was feeling ambitious on January 1st, as I wrote down my goals. And then Kurt and I had FHE that night and discussed our personal and family goals. A few of these goals are more "soft" goals, meaning if I don't achieve them 100% I won't be that upset. They'll be towards the bottom.
1. Do everything I can in my power to get a literary agent. Which can be broken into the following sub-goals:
1a. Write the best damn book I can.
1b. Write the best damn query letter I can.
1c. Send those out to agents. :)
2. Finish and edit my two works-in-progress and draft a third novel.
3. Read 50 books, with at least 30 being young adult.
4. Practice 2 new hymns a week.
5. Attend the temple once a month.
6. Have a family over for Sunday dinner twice a month (preferably a new family we haven't had over yet).
7. Read the Book of Mormon and New Testament all the way through (read BoM on Sunday School lesson schedule, and of course read scriptures daily).
8. Eat at least 3 servings of veggies a day (throw back from last year).
9. Coupon!
10. Fully build our one-year emergency supply.
11. Write in my personal journal weekly (so, this is the only soft goal ... but I still want to do it at least monthly).
11 Goals! Sounds ambitious, no? Maybe not to you, but it does to me!
Friday, January 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment