We spent Christmas this year with Kurt's family up in eastern Washington/northern Idaho. We flew in to Spokane then headed up to Chewelah for a bit ol' family shindig. Then Kurt and I hopped into Nikkia's car to hang out at his house in Priest Lake, Idaho. We finally got to meet Sunday, Nikkia's girlfriend, who is awesome. Sunday and I spent Christmas morning shooting some of Nikkia's many guns, while the boys made jerky and sausage. The next day we drove down to Coeur d'Alene for errands, then the next two days stayed up at the lake, driving around, hiking around, shooting, and eating. (Of course we had a fry night! We're kinda addicted right now.) In the evenings we watched movies or played games. On the way to the airport on Thursday, we were able to stop by and see my college roommate, Jamie, and her husband Swami and their two girls. I haven't seen them in years! It was a really nice relaxing Christmas trip.
Nikkia mounted the rack of Kurt's moose (from 2010 BC hunt) for Kurt's Christmas present
Cold and windy shores of Priest Lake--me, Sunday, Nikkia

No comments:
Post a Comment