Monday, May 21, 2012

May/June Goals

Yeah, I'm not-so-much giving myself 10 days to accomplish goals this month. I wasn't even going to keep doing monthly goals. 1) The first 4 months of my pregnancy killed all energy and/or motivation. 2) Before our trip to SC, I had a hard time thinking about doing anything other than prepping for it. But now I'm back, feeling better than ever, and I'm ready to get stuff done. Because there's a lot we need to do before October 16th.

This month I will:
-Finish my WIP. I know, same song, same verse even. But did you know it's just as hard to write a novel while nauseous as it is to clean the kitchen? True story.
-Write a short story after I finish the novel (the novel should be done in about two weeks, so that gives me plenty of time for a short story)
-Do research for next book. Make tentative outline. (I'm a semi-outliner.) -- This is optional. We'll see how fast I get the short story done.
-Accomplish these house projects: kitchen curtains, guest room curtains, paint and upholster kitchen stools, make trash/recycling can cabinet-thing, make our headboard, rearrange our bedroom.
-Work out 4-6 days a week (don't worry, two days a week will be prenatal yoga and walking--not exactly strenuous exercise)
-Maintain a clean home. Because right now it's clean! And I want it to stay that way. Because maintenance is easier than letting it all go to pot, then trying to clean it all.

No comments: