Actual activity posts coming soon! Because we've actually been doing things lately. I know, it's crazy, right!
-Guest Bedroom:
-Rearrange. We're going to put a dresser in here for extra storage (we won't be able to fit one in the baby's room), so I think we're going to turn the bed into more a daybed by pushing it against the wall and moving the book cases to either side of it.
-Paint. Okay, so we don't have to do this, but I've been wanting to, and rearranging the furniture gives us the perfect opportunity to temporarily dismantle it further so allow for painting.
-Closet. Until now, I've been keeping it empty so that guests can hang clothes in it. However, no one's ever going to need the whole closet. In the meantime, we have a ton of stuff in the baby's room that can't be stored outside, but will need to be moved. So we're going to design some kind of shelving solution in 80% of the closet, while still leaving about 20% free for guest's clothes.
-Our Bedroom:
-Rearrange. I sleep on the side closest to the wall and farther from the door, so it generally disrupts Kurt every time I get up. Plus, I have no room for a nightstand. If we rearrange the room, I'll get my own dresser (yay!), and I'll have plenty of room between the bed and the wall and I'll be closer to the door, so I won't have to crawl down the length of the bed before getting out of it.
-Eventually, I'd like to paint the nightstands, but I think that will be a 2013 project.
-Nursery:
-Currently known as the "back bedroom," this room serves as our indoor storage. We're going to have to get rid of everything in this room, and either distribute it among the remaining rooms (mostly the guest room and Kurt's office), or get rid of it entirely.
-Turn it into an actual, you know, nursery. The current plan for the room is rocking chair with pouf-ottoman, side table, crib, and a daybed. I don't think there will be room for more (and perhaps not even for the side table, but I think I can make it work). Why a daybed? One of the benefits of having been married to Kurt for 5 years (this Saturday!) before having a baby is that I know him extremely well. And I know that he does not do well with less than 6 or 7 hours of sleep (and really, he's best with his full 8, but he rarely sleeps more than that. He's a robot, I tell you). I however, do extremely well on little sleep. I chalk it up to years of sleeping problems/intermittent insomnia. During the week, Kurt has to go to work. I'm quitting my job at the end of September, so I'll be able to nap when the baby naps. So during the week, from the very get-go, I'll sleep in the baby's room and will get up with the baby. On the weekends though, Kurt's fair game for night/morning feedings. ^_^
-So that means fashioning some type of day bed. I had hopes of building something awesome, but we've inherited some random doors, so might just make myself happy with using one as a back, and then skipping out on the arms of the daybed.
-And my favorite part: decorating. I'm thinking navy with some kind of accent color, TBD by baby's gender. And a cycling theme. And I'll probably throw some gray in the there. I think I have a problem.
-Kurt's Office:
-Just being smarter with the storage system in there. There's a bunch of stuff in the nursery currently that could easily fit into the office.
-Outdoor Sheds
-Same thing with the nursery/Kurt's office. The name of the game is consolidate, organize, and trash. We have enough space for all of our junk, we just need to be smarter with how we store it. We also need to get rid of the stuff we no longer use.
Anyhow, this was mostly for my own, organizing purposes. Writing stuff out always helps organize my thoughts better.

No comments:
Post a Comment