Monday, July 16, 2012

Belly Shot!


When I hear "belly shot," I think of someone punching another person in the gut.
Because I'm weird like that.

Anyhow, I've been getting requests for a picture of my expanding body, so on Sunday I decided to make everyone happy. And, funny enough, Sunday was exactly 3 months before my due date.
(And our crib arrived on Friday! I can't wait to put it together!)

I'm not the type of girl who says, "I can't wait to snuggle my little baby!" I think it's weird when people describe babies as 'yummy.' I rarely ask to hold other people's infants. Usually only if they belong to a close friend or relative, and sometimes not even then.
So it hit me as kind of a shock when I realized how excited I am for our little guy to be here. I'm so excited to see if he has my nose (like I suspect, due to the ultra sound). I can't wait to learn his personality; I hope he'll be a rambunctious little boy like his dad was, but still love reading like I do. And--I'll say it--I'm excited to hold him.
So while the next three months don't need to fly by--because we still have so much to do--I'm looking forward to their passing, and to moving on from pregnancy and into parenthood.

3 comments:

Jayci said...

It's so weird how it changes!! :D I feel the same way about other babies.. even now, but mine?? YUMMY! ;) Your little guy is going to be so cute and fun. I'm so excited for you!! And you look SO pretty! You wear pregnancy well!

Lindsay said...

Love it :) You are so cute!!!!

Debbie said...

You are SO cute pregnant (and not pregnant). :) I have never liked babysitting or holding babies until I had my own to cuddle. I must say, the first time you hold 'em and your eyes meet...Best. Feeling. Ever. :)