So, my friend Lindsay featured our french door headboard on her blog and even polled the audience about my frame dilemma problem. She suggested wood frames, and I decided to run with it ... which inspired me to finally finish the room (hang up curtains on the small window, buy an ottoman for the vanity, etc). I was originally thinking purple would be a nice accent color, but Kurt thinks that purple is an old ladies-only color, so I went for the indigo instead (two picture frames mats and the mirror frame). He declared the color "blurple" but didn't argue. Of course, I painted it all while he was on man-weekend, so by the time he got home there was nothing he could do about it. (If he'd pitched a big enough fit, I would've repainted.) Eventually I'd like to paint some chunky, horizontal stripes in indigo onto the curtains, but that's definitely a 2013 project. Oh, and we need closet doors. Sigh.
The other room is our guest bedroom. The only things left to do in here are fix my painting gaff on the foot board (from 3 years ago) and add closet doors. I hemmed the curtains with hemming tape (which is awesome, but doesn't work nearly as fast as the instructions say it do) earlier this summer, and added a few more frames to the collage wall. Looking back, I wish I'd hung the curtains higher, but whatever, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
I call this my Charleston room. Everything from the Jim Booth painting on the wall to the pictures of Charleston in the frames to the colors remind me of Charleston (or are directly related to Charleston). Well, I guess not the books or the Willow Tree statue, but almost everything. I wanted the room to feel coastal but not beachy.
Don't you want to come stay with us now?








1 comment:
Yes!!!
Post a Comment