Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Day without Lincoln

Yep, Kurt and I got away on our own for EIGHT WHOLE HOURS. It was weird. But really good. And I missed the kiddo like crazy.
Last week I babysat over night for a friend, in exchange for her babysitting for us in the future. After the snowstorm this weekend, Kurt and I decided to go snowboarding. We dropped Lincoln off at her house at 8, then enjoyed a perfect day on the slopes. Clear skies, temps in the 20s (perfect snowboarding temperature), not crowded, soft, fresh snow (though no powder to be found, poop), BOGO lift tickets ... it was awesome. I even attempted several jumps and landed two! Huzzah! Kurt's front binding broke on his back foot and he was still way more awesome than me. I guess that's what happens when you've been snowboarding for 20 years.
We picked Lincoln up at 4:30, so it was really 8.5 hours. By far the longest I've spent away from him (by a loooong shot). Then I realized that night that it's less than Kurt spends away every week day. Funny, the different perspectives.
Lincoln did great and was happy and smiley when we picked him up, but the next day he wanted to be held almost the whole day. I guess he missed me. :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yay! Sounds like so much fun. I seriously gotta give snowboarding a whirl one of these days. Sadly I've only been skiing. In Alaska. I'm sure the powder down here is much better.