Tuesday, October 23, 2007

One Year

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of mine and Kurt's first date.
So now, a walk down memory lane...

On August 24, 1981, Kurtstan David Atkins was born.

Look at that adorable face.

Flash forward 24 years...

Sitting in Church on the first Sunday in my new ward, I wasn't very happy. I didn't want to move out of my apartment (and thus ward) from the previous year, into a new apartment and ward where I knew no one. I watched all the guys walk into the "chapel" (aka conference room in the Tanner building) and kept thinking, "No cute guys in this ward! Arggh!!"
Then I saw Kurt. I thought, "Hey... he's cute. He's really cute."
I had a crush.
Apparently Kurt saw me and thought the same and had a crush too.

A month and a half of flirting, cookie, dinner and cinnamon roll making, Kurt asked me out on our first date. "Wanna go for a ride on my motorcycle?"
"Heck yes!" I said. "Let's go Tuesday night after I get off work."

That first motorcycle ride was only the beginning. Oh yes, only the beginning.
What did I like about Kurt?
Here's a few things.

1. He's got an amazing sense of style.


2. He doesn't ride just cars.


3. He's great with kids and animals.


4. He's just a big kid himself.


5. He pulls off the "mountain man" look well.


6. He also pulls off the "rock star" look well.


7. He bought me this ring.


8. Mostly though, he loves me. Even though I'm goofy...


he's goofy too.


9. When I'm ugly and look like this...


he loves me as if I always looked like this...


10. He laughs with me. A lot.


11. Basically, he's my Prince Charming.


Happy October 24 Babe! I know one year isn't long, but it's flown by! Ilu!! Muah!

3 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Very cute. Yay for one year!

P.S.- Your ring is like the size of my head.

Anonymous said...

Have you checked your mail yet?

Sarah said...

Kristina, your blog is adorable. I love all the fun things about Kurt loving you even when your silly, in scrubs, etc. I guess that is what marriage is all about!
thanks for sharing your blog! I'm going to list it on mine! take care, talk to you soon!