Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Major Nausea and Captain Cramps

So, I'm in a goofy mood, in case you haven't noticed. Probably because I actually have a semblance of my appetite back for the first time in 6 days.
It's a wonderful feeling.

This weekend could have been completely miserable. Due to a certain "medical procedure" I've mentioned before, I was exhausted, crampy beyond anything I've ever experienced, and nauseaus beyond belief. I also had no appetite, and so didn't eat, and was therefore extremely weak.
No, I'm not pregnant, although James and Camille thought I was after we had to leave their uncle's house quickly after President Hinckley's funeral because I was so sick.

Luckily, the weekend turned out rather nice. On Friday, I wasn't really able to walk around much (it made the nausea worse) and so Kurt bought me some ginger ale (which helped a ton) and rented a couple movies: Rescue Dawn and Hairspray. Hairspray was a surprise... Kurt doesn't do girly movies. At all. Never. Nada. Uh-uh. But he knew I wanted to see it, and he knew I was miserable, and so he rented and watched it with me all the way through. Now that's love.

What made this weekend really fun was the arrival of our Guitar Hero III!! Basically, on Friday I beat it on easy. Yeah, Kurt and I played it all weekend. It's been really fun.


I'm a hard core rocker.

Other fun mail arrivals:
Kurt's sign-on bonus for work came in the mail--it's $500 more than they had originally told him.
My degree!! im a kalludge grajiate! i studeed linguistiks!
Kurt's prep course for the CPA... it consists of 4 books, several CDs, and cost $3000. Luckily, we'll be reimbursed.

Other highlights of the weekend:
Watching President Hinckley's funeral service. It was really awesome. He was awesome.
Watching the Super Bowl, even though we watched it in the Tanner building and my cramps were un-fun.

Oh! And, I got a haircut! My cramps subsided just long enough on Saturday to allow me to get a much needed and long-overdue haircut. Over all, it's almost 1" shorter and with a lot more layers so it has shape and lays flatter. The chick (a new girl, always scary) did goodly.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Dang. You might as well be pregnant. At least you'll have a full knowledge of what you're getting into when you really are (unlike some of the rest of us). Thank heaven God invented ginger ale. And your hair looks cute--I think I'll cut mine now.