So, as most of y'all know, last year I worked at a bridal shop called Abella Bridal. This shop restored my faith in the modest wedding gown industry. Most bridal shops in Utah are gross: ugly carpet, dresses in gross bags, and oh, the dresses are hideous. Cheap fabric, frumpy styles, non-fitted, ugly embroidery.
Abella is different. It's classy, it's chic, and the dresses there are GORGEOUS. Because of my experience at Abella, I'm contemplating opening my own bridal shop one day. I love wedding dresses. When you see what we sold at Abella, you'll understand why. Now, I once promised not to divulge who the designer is, but I'll say this: she's designs the most AMAZING modest dresses I've ever seen. I never knew modest wedding dresses could be beautiful. This woman's dresses are stunning. So, they have a new line out, with some appearances from last year's enduring classics. Here are my favorites.

Alexia. Old. One of my favorites from last year.

Arianna. Old. This was Sarah's wedding dress and she looked absolutely beautiful in it!

Autumn. New. Love it (although the back has a few too many bows on it for my taste. But you can't be organza or sweetheart necklines!)

Ava. New. I think this is my favorite from this year's line. It's exquisite! I love lace!

Carmen. New. It's so gutsy that you can't help but love it.

Charlize. Old. I very much wanted this one as my wedding dress for a time. But alas, it's $1100. And then I tried on my dress and loved it more.

Cozette. New. Even if the designer doesn't know how to spell French names, this dress is different and elegant. The play on textures is really cool.

Daniella. Old. This is the dress from the top. Although it's strapless, it came with a 3/4-sleeved jacket that you could easily line so it wouldn't be see-through, and then add hook closures to keep it from flying open, and voilà! Modest dress. The lace is imported from France. I wish I had a picture of the back... it is amazing. It's also $1700. (This one was not designed by the modest designer, just one we carried from another company.)

Fiora. New. I love the Jane Austen feel to it. You can get it without the jacket, but I'm pretty sure the sleeves aren't big enough to cover your shoulders all the way (though the designer claims they are).

Giselle. Old. this dress is vintage and so cool. Very few girls could pull it off. This girl actually looks the best out of any I ever saw in it, including me! I always envisioned this dress with a pretty hairnet, rather than a veil. The back to this dress is very pretty.

Hannah. Old. This dress is so under-appreciated! Girls always came into my store and said they wanted a simple dress (cuz they think it makes them more down to earth??) but I'd show them this one and they said it was too simple. The organza at the bottom is divine!!

Jaquelyn. Old. I almost bought this dress instead of mine. I was gonna add beadwork to the top and not wear the bow because it was so simple (I never said I wanted a simple dress). I don't know if you can tell, but the satin on these dresses is of amazing quality. Very stiff and heavy and with a gorgeous sheen to it. Much better than any one else's in Utah (I won't name any names.)

Madison. Old. This dress was such a cool, yet princess-y dress. One of my favorite customers bought this dress, and she looked so beautiful in it. It seems very French to me, for some reason. I didn't try it on, but I still loved it.

McKelle. Old. The ultimate Cinderella dress. And the softest tulle you've ever felt. I mean it. And the beadwork on the top is exquisite.

Nicole. New. A very mature dress. I really like it.


Raquelle. Old. It is such an amazing dress is deserves 2 pictures. Why? Look at that train! It was the longest we had it the store. I love the 3/4-sleeves and the ruched waist (the white dress is all white). This is a very classy dress. Reminds me of Grace Kelly.

Reese. New. This is very wistful and feminine. Loving the organza overlay.

Xandra. New. Weird name. Beautiful dress. (In case you haven't noticed, I adore dropped waists.)

Zolanda. New. Another weird name for a very elegant dress.


3 comments:
AMEN to this entire post!!
Oh my goodness, I hadn't seen most of those new Abella dresses and they are GORGEOUS!
I can tell this season has a lot more beadwork and silver lacing to it. I remember the last day I worked, the designer (again, she won't be named) let me try on the new shipment received just that day. I had already fallen in love with the Ariana, so I stuck with it. The charlize was also one of my favorites, but the price was the hold up! I new it was elegant, but just couldn't get myself (or my mom) to agree to that price!
Wouldn't you love to try on the new ones? Did you get the pics off the website? I hope Jaime's doing well over there.
Your wedding dress was perfect for you. You also looked stunning jsut trying on the silk dresses, although they were strapless. What fun times and what better mirrors than to prounce around in wedding dresses!
The Flora is pretty. It DOES have a jane austen feel about it. I'm so glad it comes with a jacket because it is so hard to sell a dress that the girl will have to make modest, rather than having a solution right there.
You're right about the Giselle. So many girls loved it, but only a handful could pull it off.
I love the Reese and the Zolanda dresses. Very elegant. Probably looks better in ivory than white, wouldn't you say?
OK that was a super long post, but I have more to say!
I seriously love the Zolanda! So many girls would gawk over a dress like this on a mannequin. The Xandra is a different dress, but I too LOVE the dropwaists! (I didn't think i'd get a drop waist, but it just felt the best and felt more flattering than a normal waist)
I laughed when I followed the link to Abella's sub-par competition! Sure, if I wanted taffeta white prom dress I'd go to Alysse's Bridal, but not otherwise!
Why did I not know about this place when I got married? These dresses are amazing! I'm telling all my sisters to shop there--no more of this Alysse's bridal crap (I refused to even look there).
Post a Comment