Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Need Help, Please

Ok. So, I need help with something.

Many of my married girl friends have a picture (or more) of them from their bridals in a frame in their apartment. I asked Kurt, "Do you want to frame one of my bridal pictures?"

"Uhh... Sure? I don't know. What do you want to do?"

Honestly, I feel weird about it. They're beautiful pictures, thanks to Grant, but it's weird saying, "I want a picture of just me!!" I totally expected Kurt to be like, "Yes! You are my beautiful wife and I would love to see a picture of you in your beautiful wedding dress up on the wall."

Instead, he has no opinion. Strange? Probably.

But I still want to frame one, just because my dress was pretty and Grant did such a good job, and one day I'll be 80 with saggy boobs and a bad back and will enjoy seeing pictures from way back in the early 2000s of when I was young.

I've been thinking of making a book of them, because there's tons of great ones, along with my bridal shower pictures, with a theme of "Brides have more fun" but then it would be weird to have a framed one too. I also think my daughters will really enjoy the pictures, because I LOVE my parents wedding pictures.

Am I being vain? I don't think so....

Anyhow. The REAL help I need is this: which picture to frame? I can't decide. I definitely want one that shows the dress, because that was the ENTIRE point of bridals--to get to wear my dress again, and take pictures of it.

So here's a link to my facebook album with all of the good ones. Leave a vote on here with, umm, a decription of the pic. That should be good.

Thanks, i miei amici!

6 comments:

The Starter House said...

wedding pix all over the house is so "utah"...and way overrated. I would do a very subtle tribute to yourself if anything at all...but i'm not you...so do what makes you most happy... i like the one where your back is against the stone wall and you are looking off to the right...very classy. you're hot. mmm delish.

Allison said...

Hey Kristina,
Cute blog! I'm with you on the bridals. I say go for it, hang 'em up! As for your pictures, I like the one with you next to the river and the grass is bright green. Very pretty! Have fun choosing a picture.
ps. hope the workout went great! thanks for coming with us to fro-yo! very fun!

Megan and Jonny said...

Ah, yes. The bridals debate. My parents even framed one for me and I never put it up because I felt weird. If you're going for one that shows the whole dress, my favorite is pic #27. And your dress was really hot. So was your hair.

Anonymous said...

You are gorgeous in all but the one with your tongue stuck out...I vote for 17 or 27. They are similar to each other, but the arched opening wiht the olde Charlestowne brick is a beautiful backdrop to your pose. It shows the dress very well, and of course, you are beautiful!!!

We may frame one ourselves!!

Love, Dad

Alisse Baldwin said...

My parents have a big one of me next to all my sisters' bridal pictures in their house, but I feel weird having a shrine to me in my house. All my pictures hanging up have me AND Scott. But we have ones in our bedroom next to the others' side of the bed. I have a big one of Scott next to my nightstand, and he chose his favorite of me for his side. That way, the home teachers don't have to see it downstairs when they're here. But I agree- your kids will totally want to see them. My votes are #2 and #4.

Anonymous said...

OH, so you give credit to Grant over and again, but what about the sister who took some of the really good pictures, and posed you time and again? Where's the love?