Ahem. So last weekend Kurt and I were invited
FYI: Andrew and Jannie are not in any of the pictures. They had to leave Friday night and I was forgetful about taking pictures on Friday, so yeah, sad. But we had some amazing white chicken chili, cornbread, and brownies (made by yours truly), then played lots of Wii, and watched Stardust. If you haven't seen that movie yet, you should. It's really good. Definitely own-able.
The next morning we slept in, ate breakfast, and played games. Then, towards 11, we went snowmobiling. So much fun! Being on the back is kind of scary--I bounced around like crazy! But it was really fun when Kurt went fast (and those of you who know him well know that he likes to go fast). After a while we discovered that James and Camille's snowmobile was low on oil, so we stopped in some trees and hung out, taking turns with the two good snowmobiles.
Jen and Evan. Thankfully, he didn't throw that snowball at me (he threw it at Kurt actually).
James and Camille. I'm sure you'll remember their faces.
And us. I'm pretty.
It was really fun! I wasn't going super fast at first, but then Kurt made me push the gas harder and that didn't scare me, so I sped all the way up to the ridge.
Do I look proud of myself or what?
This picture is great because you can't really see our faces. But that's us.
There were a ton of people snowmobiling that day.
After that we hung out at the spot for a little longer and took some more pictures.
Lovely pictures, James. Thanks.
Another one. Wonderful.
On the way home we saw the most fantastic sight in Heber: a completely frozen tree. My dad used to do this in Charleston when it got really cold (i.e., 30 degrees, lol) but never to this extent! It was a pretty sweet way to end our awesome trip, that and eating the rest of the cornbread. Yum. :)

2 comments:
that looks like it would've been super fun. dag. Oh by the way...that song by Kerli is really cool! I've never heard of her before.
Go-fasting on the snow is the BOMB!!!
I love snow-mo-billies! Looks like you guys had a great weekend, and what a better time to start your Denver adventures than right now!
You are so lucky!
(Hey, that James guy....what a man!)
Love
Dad
Post a Comment