Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Goin' to the Mattresses

So I've mentioned how we have made some awesome friends in our ward. With this group of friends we've become obsessed with playing Mafia. If you're not familiar with that game, then find the nearest BYU student to tell you all about it. I'm not quite sure why students who go to a school that puts honor above all else love to play a game that requires you to lie and deceive, but they do. I believe Mafia is a school-wide past time here at the Y.

Sadly, most of these friends are leaving either for the summer, or for good. To these friends I say, I will miss you! We've had some funny games and some intense games and some games where we were all too tired, but it's been fun!

Sunday night we got together for one last round of games. Since it was the last time, of course we girls all took pictures, which the boys tried to be patient about. There were tons of yummy desserts and we just had a great time!


On the couch is (left to right) Allison, who has been described as being too sweet to be really good at this game. Next is Heather. Heather screams whenever something is really funny and unexpected. It's cute. On the right side of the couch is Belize, who makes her husband promise to buy her a dog whenever he says he's not mafia.
In the back of the room (left to right) is Stephen, who's married to Heather. He's pretty stone cold at this game, except when he makes accusations. Then there's Kurt, who's absolutely stone cold and impossible to read (even for me!). In the yellow shirt is Greg, who is so passionate and has really accurate hunches about who's the mafia. Next to him is his wife, Tiffany, who tends to sit back. Then there's Matt, who's married to Belize. He owes her 7 dogs and uses logic to find the mafia. In the green is Alex, married to Allison, who tries to vary how he acts in each game. The next couple is Beckie and Greg. This was their first time playing with us and I think they were scared by our intensity.


Tiffany, Belize, me, and Allison at the very end of the night (Beckie and Tiffany had already left). They are all much cuter dressers than me. Especially Tiffany. She has the best steez (this is a Kurt word) and she gets to wear her glasses all the time!!

And how could I forget Bentley the glamour pup! Allison and Alex bought Bentley a few months ago. He's an adorable, tiny, spunky little Maltese and when we're together in a group he does not lack for attention! Bentley tends to cuddle in someone's lap, perform various tricks for treats, or try to sneak pop corn out of our hands when we play Mafia.


This trick is polar bear.


Begging for bits of food. So cute!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Kristina you are so cute. I am glad you are sticking around for a little bit longer. The best part of being in a married student ward is we get to meet awesome couples, the bummer part is how often people leave. Oh well. I would love to get sushi, I am not sure about Wednesday night yet. My parents are coming into town. I will call you. And you are a great dresser too! In fact, you are a total babe!

Kenny said...

hey i know tiffany!

Allison said...

oh my gosh! I couldn't have said it any better! You did a great job describing what will soon become "our favorite pasttime." :(

Little do you know that every time you wear that cute little bright blue hoodie-- I want one for myself.

Love the pictures of puppy! I think the description of him is quite perfect...
Let's not forget his unexplainable squeals throughout the night. Still not sure what those were all about...

You're a doll!