So, I love dogs. Like, want to own 2 or more at any given time.
Recently, I've been looking at dog breeds a lot, trying to decide what would be a good breed for our family.
I've come across a few breeds that have become my favorites.
Airedale Terrier
Playful and very smart, but apparently a handful.
Recently, I've been looking at dog breeds a lot, trying to decide what would be a good breed for our family.
I've come across a few breeds that have become my favorites.
Airedale Terrier
Playful and very smart, but apparently a handful.

Black Russian Terrier
Unfortunately, these big, gorgeous dogs are a rare breed so cost up to $2500. Blech.

Welsh Corgi
Both Pembroke and Cardigan, though I think Cardigan's a bit cuter.
(This one is a Cardigan).

Komondor
Because of their unique coats, they sound like they're a whole lot of work to groom but they look so cuddly.

Welsh Springer Spaniel
Like an English Springer Spaniel, which are very cute, but just a bit cuter. ;)

Labrador Retriever
I like yellows the best, preferring them over chocolates, whites and blacks.
But let's be honest, they're a classic dog!

Kurt and I will probably almost always adopt rescued/shelter dogs. I mean, what's better than saving a life AND getting a companion?






3 comments:
ok, so i have to be honest and say that i am not a dog lover, although i currently have one in my house (for the last 6 years!) paul is a softie for puppies, and his parents dog has a bunch, so we picked one. his name is jamaica and hes a pure bread miniature poodle. i know that sounds like a lame woosie dog that yips a lot, but he is SOOOOO smart, and very loyal. hes been really good with maya, but the biggest plus about a poodle is that they dont shed. they have hair. its so nice! the next dog paul wants is a standard poodle, (not me) but i highly doubt you would EVER find a poodle to adopt. lots of info, anyway.
I don't know anything about these dogs' personalities but i like the welsh corgi and the welsh springer spaniel.
my parents have two english springer spaniels. you said they aren't as cute as the welsh springer spaniels but they are pretty darn cute dogs. they are ivory and deep brown with wavy hair. they are beautiful. their personalities are completely different. one is really mellow, loving, obedient, fun, and cuddly. the other is sometimes defiant and disobedient but usually well behaved and mostly independent. i love them to pieces all the same. according to my mom, they are a lot of work. maybe if my parents had one it would be a different story. i really like all the dogs you've narrowed it down to. you'll be a great dog owner!! i can't wait to see what you choose. happy hunting.
So, the funniest comment I've ever heard on a dog show was about a Komondor. Her hair was super thick and long, and the judges were peering through the hair to look at her face. The announcer said, "You know that if you only find one eye, you've got the wrong end of the dog." I about died - I thought dog shows were boring.
Post a Comment