
I love General Conference. Kurt and I voted to go to the library and listen to it online today instead of watching it at the Church and I'm really glad we did because I wasn't distracted by
uncomfortable pews or other people coughing. I was seated in a comfortable chair and with the earphones, I couldn't hear anything else and it allowed me to be more focused during Conference than I ever have been.
I just got back (on Thursday) from visiting my family. While Kurt was gone for training, I was able to go visit my sister, Steph, in Atlanta for 6 days, then go down to Charleston to be with my parents, Caroline, and Collin (and Steph too) for 3 days. It was so nice to just be there with my family and not be concerned with going places and doing things, but just being with them.
Today, during the first two sessions of Conference, I thought of my family constantly, especially during certain talks. President Uchtdorf's, Elder Wirthlin's, Elder Holland's, and Elder Bednar's talks were strengthening to me and I thought of my family constantly during their talks. I sincerely hope that my family got the same comfort out of them that I did.
I am extremely grateful for the Gospel, for Jesus Christ, for the Plan of Salvation, for Joseph Smith, for the Book of Mormon, for president Thomas S. Monson, and today especially for General Conference.
uncomfortable pews or other people coughing. I was seated in a comfortable chair and with the earphones, I couldn't hear anything else and it allowed me to be more focused during Conference than I ever have been.
I just got back (on Thursday) from visiting my family. While Kurt was gone for training, I was able to go visit my sister, Steph, in Atlanta for 6 days, then go down to Charleston to be with my parents, Caroline, and Collin (and Steph too) for 3 days. It was so nice to just be there with my family and not be concerned with going places and doing things, but just being with them.
Today, during the first two sessions of Conference, I thought of my family constantly, especially during certain talks. President Uchtdorf's, Elder Wirthlin's, Elder Holland's, and Elder Bednar's talks were strengthening to me and I thought of my family constantly during their talks. I sincerely hope that my family got the same comfort out of them that I did.
I am extremely grateful for the Gospel, for Jesus Christ, for the Plan of Salvation, for Joseph Smith, for the Book of Mormon, for president Thomas S. Monson, and today especially for General Conference.

No comments:
Post a Comment