Wednesday, December 17, 2008

FREE


New. Cool. Free. Mine.
Merry Christmas to me! :)

This deserves a post for a few reasons:
1) I'm usually not the type to get the cool technology. I just can't see a reason to spend hundreds of dollars on a phone. Give me something that texts, calls, and gets good coverage and I'm happy.
2) However, this phone can play music. Music! What is one of my most favorite things in the world? Music! And, I can add my own pictures to it, which is way better than any of the lame sauce wallpapers they provided.
3) It was absolutely, completely free. All I had to do was wait for 30 months to get a new phone and then sign a 2 year contract with a company that I'm already happy with and have been for 4 years. There's a certain buss that comes from getting something free; when you get something really cool for free, that buzz becomes a high!
4) My last phone was a total piece. Let me put it this way: I left it at WestPro (my old work) one day this summer and James, Kurt's friend, who was subbing that day, offered to drive over it so I would get a new one. The flip was attached only on side and the screens didn't work.
5) I learned a lot about patience (from putting up with crappy phones; after my phone finally died all the way, I used Kurt's old one--this phone's battery died after a day and the outside screen didn't work so I never knew who was calling--this is really annoying when you get a lot of wrong numbers, like I have been lately) and its payoff. Kurt said that this experience (more specifically, the experience with putting up with awful phones to save money) reminded him of the old pioneer adage, "Fix it up. Wear it out. Make it Do or Do Without."

No comments: