Friday, December 12, 2008

Latest Adventures with Tabitha

A couple weeks ago we came home from church to see two cop cars in the parking lot. Everyone was out in the courtyard, so as we headed to our apartment I asked our neighbor Tracy what was up. "It's Tabitha," was all she said, but we all understood that even if we didn't know exactly what was going on, it didn't really surprise us.
The next day when I got home from work, the cop cars were there again and two cops were coming out of Tabitha's apartment.

Also, about a month and a half ago, Tabitha came to our door and told us she was going to rehab and asked us to check on her roommate (brother? lover? who knows) to make sure "he wasn't burning the place down." About a week later I spied her dragging a small suitcase (literally, dragging) up the stairs and through her door.

All of these are good, but last night's really takes the cake:
we heard a knock at the door. Luckily, Kurt answered the door (lucky for me, not him). As soon as I heard that familiar raspy voice, I hid in the kitchen.

Tabitha: "Do you think we abuse our dog?" (Her roommate, brother, whatever he is, Tom (name changed) has a puppy he got just after we moved in. It's sweet German Shepherd mix named Sally.)

Kurt: "Ummm, no ..."

Tabitha: "Could you write a letter to the Humane Society saying that we're good her. Someone called them and said we don't take good care of her."

She then proceeded to tell us how she always kept 3 bags of dog food for the dog and how Sally has doubled in size and so obviously they're good to her. Then she started repeating herself. All of this was said very slowly and very slurred-ly (pretend it's a word). She was obviously under the influence of ... something. Eventually she left and Kurt shut the door.

"I seriously doubt she'll remember that conversation tomorrow."

The funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago I had a dream that they did abuse the dog (by lighting her paws on fire. I have weird dreams.). Was it prophecy? Who knows. Only thing I know is this: our neighbors provide us with enough entertainment to make up for the lack of cable.

On a side note, we're going snowboarding tomorrow and I'm really excited to try out my new boots and board. In fact, I'm wearing my boots right now. It's to break them in! I promise!

No comments: