These are the best brownies I've ever had. Don't be daunted by melting the shortening on the stove top--they are super easy. I didn't add the nuts. Instead, I added about 3/4 of a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips. Oh my. If you like them really cakey, cook them the full 30 minutes. If you'd like them a bit fudgey, cook 29 minutes. Really fudgey? Try 28 minutes (though I haven't). I actually always prefer cakey brownies over fudgey, but Kurt prefers fudgey, so I cooked them 29 minutes last time... seriously amazing. I'll never go back! I highly suggest adding chocolate chips and cooking at 29 minutes!
Perfect Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Ingredients
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or chopped pecans
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9x13" pan.
Melt shortening in a large saucepan over low heat, then stir in cocoa.
Remove from heat.
Mix in sugar and vanilla then mix in eggs one at a time.
Stir in remaining ingredients then stir in nuts.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Cool completely, before cutting into 2x2" squares.
I have read all the great reviews and learned from them, thank you all. Now I line my pan with buttered alumunin foil or parchment paper. This works very well. (Kristina's note: I haven't tried this yet... but it sounds like a good idea.)

No comments:
Post a Comment