Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hunting

My boss today told me not to "fall in love with wood." He said you shouldn't fall in love with a house until it's for sure yours.

But who couldn't fall in love with such an adorable house??
(Especially one that is so decently priced, in a superb location, and already remodeled. Plus, it has a big kitchen!)

Kurt and I are on the hunt for a house of our very own. We're done with renting and ready to have some property (and a puppy) of our own. We've gone house hunting (or rather, I have gone) six or seven times. We've explored areas and visited potential wards. This week we're getting pre-approved so that way if we find a house we love (like above, which I will see on Thursday) we can pounce on it as quickly as possible.
Never before have I been so keenly aware of how much money it takes to survive in this time, and how little we have. Granted, Kurt and I make a good living. We are not poor. We feel poor because most goes into savings. And we're still in the poor student mind set (which, for the record, I hope we never get out of). I feel guilty spending $30 on new gym shoes because I still feel like we can't afford them!
(On a side note, I originally wrote that I feel quilty. On second thought, I don't feel like making blankets.)

And for those who are curious, I've been contacting Shiba breeders in the area. One breeder who is three hours away in Nebraska has two litters due at the end of this month and one due in April. So I hope that in June I will be able to finally get my little inu (provided we have a house by then. Oh please, oh please!!)

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I love everything about that house, from the big tree, to the yard, to the little picket fence. Its so cute and cozy looking! I love it!

Belize said...

love the house! love the dog idea too(of course). i am still waiting on mine:)

The Starter House said...

super cute! get it! get it! ;) hey quick question how do you get your playlist as part of your main wrapper like that?

Anonymous said...

Honestly, just how badly warped are you to drive three hours into NEBRASKA for cryin' out loud to get a crummy DOG? Are you kidding me?

Aren't there starving children in China that need to eat that dog?

Aly said...

Good luck with the house...and the puppy more importantly :) This house is soooo adorable! I already love it and I haven't even seen the inside!