Monday, April 13, 2009

Stop! Puppy Time!

I told Kurt last Thursday night when we decided to put the offer in on the house, that as soon as we went under contract (if we did) I was putting a deposit on a puppy. Today I jumped the gun a bit--I paid the deposit as soon as our real estate agent emailed us saying she'd faxed the contract to the sellers' agent. This puppy is some of the best quality I've found around and he's at a discounted price because he's 6 months old, which is actually perfect for us because he'll be able to stay home better while I'm at work all day. He has the cutest, happiest little face and I cannot wait until he's here (which won't be for at least a month).




His current name is Mi Kazumi which means, basically, 'harmonious beauty' with 'beauty' in there twice with the two mi's. I'm not crazy about the name and was thinking of shortening it to Kazu, but apparently that's a feminine name. I don't want to pick a name until we get him and see his personality, but here's a list of names I like so far. Do you have any favorites? Maybe some other suggestions?
Names Possibilities:
Polo
Bravo
Bronx
Dojo
Hiro 'generous' (hee-row)
Samson
Loki --mischievous Nordic god (low-kee)
Dash
Tiko 'a supreme being' (tee-koe)
Kiba 'fang' (kee-ba)
Kuma 'bear' (koo-ma)
Nero
Enzo
Kitsune 'fox' but call him Kitsu (pronounced kee-tsu)
Kodiak and call him Kodi

Currently, my favorites are Kuma, Kitsu, and Kodi. But that could change by the time he gets here.

7 comments:

Jayci said...

I think I decided to speak up at the right time, because now I can comment on the puppy. :D So cute! I love furry dogs. And the names? They all sound fun and will probably fit his personality. Besides, our pup's name is Buckwheat, so I'm not so sure if we are the people to ask! :) Congrats on everything

Debbie said...

what an adorable dog! How exciting - a puppy and a home in less than a week!

Unknown said...

1) CONGRATS ON THE HOUSe. AWESOME. that's so exciting!

2) SUCH a cute dog. i like kitsu-it sounds the most like his original name and that way he won't get confused moving to your house. but then again-maybe that doesn't matter. i have no idea.

The Starter House said...

Yay! Congrats girl on making dreams come true!!! Doggie names: my faves on your list are Nero and Dash. But then again I like the name Evan for a girl which according to this blog is a boy's name ;) so I'm pretty sure we have different taste in names;) love yah! Your house is so cute I love the tree out front the most! Enjoy!

Carissa said...

cute! I like Kodi the best!! or Hiro. I want a puppy!

Anonymous said...

How about Fat Boy?

Unknown said...

umm...i also wanted to thank you for the suggestion on the international house-i took a look and we'll see. we're planning on being in nyc for a while-so we might be looking for something more permanent-but that might do the trick for the first year :)