Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy NaNoWriMo!

Well, I just learned that November is National Novel Writing Month. This is very fun news to me since I am a writer and I am currently writing a book. Actually, a series of three books for which I've got the outline nearly done and 2 chapters in the first book written. The official goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of the month. Instead, I'm going to participate in the Pikes Peak NaNoTRYMo. :D
Goals (and consequently doubling as my monthly goals):
Write something every day of the month--check my writing blog to see what I write every day!
Write at least half of my first book
I'm going to post my progress every Monday. So as of today, November 2nd, I have written:
2.1 chapters
37 pages (double spaced)
10,887 words

I won't be able to attend Pikes Peak Writers weekly write-ins because they're in Colorado Springs, which is an hour away. Instead, I'll write on my own every Tuesday from 5 to 8. But I do plan on attending the write-a-thon on the 21st. Locking myself in a building with complete strangers and nothing to do but write? Sounds like fun to me.
Wish me luck!

PS--Here's NaNoWriMo's official webpage.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I had no idea November was National Novel Writing month. That is so cool! I am taking this community education course about writing and publishing your first novel and I have so many ideas but I've been lacking the motivation - until now. You've inspired me to get started and to stick with it. I love that you set goals like that for yourself and post it for all to see. I think I might do the same because it will help me to stay motivated with my writing. Great post! Just what I needed...thanks!

Tiffany said...

Hey, quick question. Do you still do you gratitude blog? I was looking for that rainbow template. Where did you find it again?

Tiffany said...

Hey, quick question. Do you still do you gratitude blog? I was looking for that rainbow template. Where did you find it again?

Michelle C said...

Cute look. Love the pics. Did you ever print any off? I didn't realize you got so much snow. Bummer for you! Looks like it may be a long winter!

Jayci said...

that is so fun that you write!! I wish you luck. :) Maybe you can explain to me when to use "whom" properly.. I watch Castle and since one of the episodes it's been driving me CRAZY trying to use it correctly!