Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Calling All Scriptures


I'm hypomanic right now.
Which means I'm super giddy, I'm super talkative, my mind is racing at a hundred miles an hour, and I'm pushing myself to the limits of my energy.
I also have a lot on my plate with working full time, school full time, and keeping the house clean almost by myself (oh tax season, how I loathe thee).
My therapist has instructed me not to multi task too much. So when I'm playing with our new puppy or walking him or on the cardio machines at the gym, I'm not allowed to read. I need to use that time to focus on my breathing and keep myself calm.
As a multi-tasker, I say bleh to that. But I will do it because I pay her a lot of money to know what she's talking about.
She also suggested picking one scripture a week and reading it every day while I brush my teeth or something like that.
So what are your favorite scriptures?
Some of mine are Romans 8:18, Romans 8:35-39, and Ether 12:4.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hmmm...Some of mine would be: Mosiah 3:19, 14:5, 1 Nephi 17:13, and Deut. 31:8

Jayci said...

when you said you were talking fast, I read that post like you WERE talking fast; sort of fun! You are really funny. I love scripture reading while getting ready. My favorite scriptures.... Corinthians Chapter 13. :) Moroni Chapter 11.

Missy said...

I love all of Romans 8, including the verses you mentioned, but I also like 28, and 30-32. Also, when you're feeling kind of depressed - try reading Enos 1:27 before you go to sleep. It comforts me.

Missy said...

I love all of Romans 8, including the verses you mentioned, but I also like 28, and 30-32. Also, when you're feeling kind of depressed - try reading Enos 1:27 before you go to sleep. It comforts me.