Saturday, Kurt had to work and I stayed home and cleaned all day. AND DIDN'T DO HOMEWORK. I must be crazy. But the house was super clean. When Kurt came home, I reminded him about our plans for that night and also that we had no dinner stuffs for Val's Day dinner. So he ran to the grocery store and when he got back, he had a gorgeous bouquet of flowers as well as a fancy chocolate bar. :) We are getting each other presents, but we didn't have time before Val's Day. And they're not exciting. Kurt and I are kinda practical and boring. I asked for gym gloves because I lost my last pair (which is like the 5th pair I've had since started to lift weights in as many years) and Kurt wants business socks. :D
So that night we went to our friends' Laryn and Sheilla's house for a sushi night! It was very fun. They made all the sushi as well as some Filipino dishes (Sheilla's from the Philippines). It was delish and very fun to see all of our old friends from our old ward in Littleton. And then we jammed in up with some Geetar Hero.
Sunday we went to church and I wore red AND pink (thanks to a red and pink scarf I have). Then, we were supposed to eat that night (dark, candle light, romantic--let's face it, Kurt and I aren't too romantically inclined.. at least, not when we're hungry :) but we were both hungry (and church is over at 3:20 anyways) so I got started cooking dinner. Which took all of 30 minutes. We had herb encrusted salmon, asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, and craisin, apple, and feta salad. It was delish. We ate too much. And loved it. Then we watched Couples Retreat while eating popcorn and our fancy chocolate bar. While watching the movie, I made rolls, which we gorged on after the movie. Kurt seriously loves my rolls.
And then today we went snowboarding! We had such a great time and it was a miracle Kurt was able to get off of work. We went up to the top and did a bowl--ungroomed powder. It was a black/blue! And then I tried the halfpipe twice! We had a blast. When we got home we went to the gym for some hot tubbing. And now I'm home and blogging. I'm going to read my school book in bed and go to sleep early. :) I hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day as well!

4 comments:
It's business...it's business time!
Sounds like an amazing weekend! Your dinner sounded really yummy too.
Nick and I aren't all that lovey-dovey with each other either. It's something we have to consciously think about because it definitely doesn't come natural to either of us. haha.
Sounds like a pretty cool weekend all in all! Would have loved some half-pipe pics!!
I want your rolls!! We love rolls over here. Was Couples Retreat hilarious?
Post a Comment