Sunday, April 11, 2010

Suburban Warrior

Kurt's been one busy yard ... worker ... man. Last week, he went out and bought 6 fruit trees! We now have two cherry, two apple, and two pear trees. All for $10 each! Here's a pic of one of them, but they all look pretty much the same:
Then Saturday morning I woke to the sounds of Kurt's and James's voices floating in my window. When I ventured outside, I saw:
Kurt HIGH in our huge front yard tree and
James belaying him. They'd been pruning the tree all morning (well, for an hour so far). I went to my writer's conference (which was awesome!) then got back around one to see:
A whole freaking lot of branches in our front yard! We basically look white trash right now, as we contemplate how to dispose of them. But they weren't done yet, oh no. They then decided to tackle the monster:
That big ole branch on the left Kurt is setting the ladder beside. I got to direct traffic, Kurt got to chain saw, and James got to ... do something. And then it came down!

Timber!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - that's manly man work for sure! Good practice for cutting costs and trimming overhead when Kurt's a CFO!

Jayci said...

oh my gosh!! that's some major pruning! .. or hacking? haha I love the idea of having fruit trees - so cute. and yummy!!