Friday, May 6, 2011

The Graduate

Here's to you, Mrs. Leslie!

Today, my mom receives her Masters Degree!
At ... older than 35!
(I'm pretty sure she'd kill me if I said how old she really is.)

My mom dropped out of college her junior year to support my dad.
When I was in high school, she decided to complete her English degree using BYU's Independent Study program.
She graduated from BYU the same day I did.
(And would've walked with me except Papa passed away the day before.)

No rest for the weary, she immediately started on her post-graduate degree.
After today, she can put a MS behind her name!
Leslie AMAZINGWOMAN, Masters of Science
in Library Science

I'm so proud of her!!!
Mother of 5
Grandma of 2 + 1 on the way (Mandi's pregnant again!)
Isn't she amazing??

2 comments:

Hyphen Interiors said...

Congrats to her! What a beautiful family! BYU? I used to live in SLC... Awesome.

Lindsay said...

Such a cute family :)