Monday, May 2, 2011

May Goals

Well, it snowed today. That's right, May 2nd. Crazy, huh? But that's mountain west weather for you. I think that's the only thing I dislike about the weather here--frequent cold snaps well into spring. That, and how dry it is. My sinuses, eyes, and skin don't like the lack of humidity very much. Regardless, May is a great month, no matter where you are. It's green and there are flowers and it's getting warmer. So many good reasons to smile!

My goals for the month are just two:
1) Write every day. My friend Lindsay is doing that right now and she said she's made huge improvements on her book and writing. I really need to do that too. Especially since my thesis (aka book) is due at the end of the year and it's nowhere near done (in completeness or quality). And I really want to get my YA fantasy completely edited through a second draft by the end of summer. So I plan on writing at least an hour every day, and thoroughly editing one chapter of the YA fantasy a week. I started yesterday and while I didn't get much actually written, I did spend a lot of time staring at the computer and wondering why I'm such an awful writer (it was one of those days). Hopefully today will yield better results!
2) Thoroughly clean the house by the end of the month. Stuff like cleaning the oven, washing the windows and blinds, dusting weird places like the bathroom vent and ceiling fans. Those sorts of things. Because the house is a disaster. Don't look at me! It's not ... oh yeah, it is my fault. ;)

1 comment:

Hyphen Interiors said...

Awesome goals! What are you studying? Okay... good news! You're gonna want to email me. You won the GoatGrin Studio giveaway!!