Back to posting! Always behind ...
On April 1st, Kurt had his first bike race of the season. But it wasn't a distance race like he's used to. Instead, he tried something new: a criterium, or crit for sure. Basically, it's a timed race on a loop. Kurt did the Louisville Crit. It was a .6 mile course (I think) and it was about 40 minutes long. Basically, at the 40 minute mark, everyone did 8 more laps (or something like that). Kurt did pretty all right, for having no experience with crits and also for not being a sprinter. It was definitely a learning experience for him. And ... soaked up the gorgeous Denver sun.
Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (at least, bike shorts make you feel like you have a bushy tail)
So very excited...
And they're off!
It was 9:45 in the morning and I was perfectly warm. I even got a sun burn!
So, he had a hard time staying with the pack. But, like I said, he's a distance racer, not a sprinter.
Kurt had another race this last weekend (May 14th) and I forgot to take pictures. It was a 78 mile race. Long enough that there were feed zones and I got to hand off bottles to him. I had fun driving around the back roads in the middle of nowhere, even though the weather was cloudy and chilly. But I forgot to take pictures. :(

1 comment:
Good job Kurt!
Post a Comment