Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Oh, We're Halfway There


That's right, today I am 20 weeks into my pregnancy, and I've got 20 weeks left. It's kinda amazing how 20 weeks can simultaneously feel long and short (both looking back and looking ahead). We made really good progress on the house this weekend--pictures to come!--though most of it was existing projects that need to be completed before we can get to projects in Operation: Babyfying the House. But progress is progress!

How I'm Feeling
Great! Around week 14ish, morning sickness went away enough that unisom nipped it completely in the bud (whereas before, unisom made it more bearable). And then, sometime in the last two weeks, I was able to go completely off unisom, though there are occasional days when I'm feeling a bit nauseous. I've got a lot more energy, though it dips way more than I'm used to (pre-pregnancy). And my motivation is back! Yay! So things are going along swimmingly.
I felt the baby move for the first time during the 15th week. The fluttering was so weak and unexpected, that at first I couldn't pinpoint where it occurred--thought perhaps my heart(?)--and then I realized it must be the baby moving. It moves fairly regularly, especially these days. At least once a day, although perhaps more because it's still weak enough that I have a hard time discerning between the baby and gas. Trapped gas is still a problem, though I've found a way to keep it under control. Oh and nosebleeds! I start every day with a very bloody nose or full-on nosebleeds. That's really only an irritation at this point.
The full-screen ultrasound is a week from today and we are trés excited. It'll be nice to refer to the gummy bear as a he or she, rather than an it. I know I wouldn't appreciate being an 'it', although I'm sure that's what my parents called me during the entire pregnancy (but perhaps not. Perhaps they referred to me as 'he' since they were sure I was going to be a boy. Just the first in my long list of disappointments ;)

Mental Health
Just as I thought, I'm feeling more bipolar these days, but it's still very mild and manageable. Kurt says his favorite thing about me being pregnant is how happy I am. It's probably my favorite thing too, though I'm starting to enjoy feeling the baby move now, and not feel so weirded out by it. I'm not worried anymore that this will happen:



1 comment:

Debbie said...

That clip does not get old no matter how long you stare at it. Gave me a much needed laugh. The baby kicks weirded me out at first too. Nosebleeds sound awful. :( Not fun. Can't wait to find out what you are having!