Kurt loves singing that song, for some reason. He's weird.
So, we celebrated our first ever Christmas at home. And our first ever Christmas just us. It was really quiet, but really nice. I'm so excited for when Santa visits our house in a few years, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy my extra sleep. :) Christmas Eve started with a bang--literally. At 7, I was awakened by the sound of the blower on our furnace breaking. Kurt hurried to fix it, and in the meantime, to stay warm, Lincoln and I ran some errands. And let me say, the grocery store was crazy! I'll never do that again. Lincoln and I stayed relaxed the rest of the day until Kurt got home from work. Then we enjoyed shrimp and grits for dinner, followed by watching A Christmas Story and reading the Christmas story in the Bible.
Christmas morning we opened presents and ate something for breakfast (I don't remember what because we decided to hold off on apple pancakes until my family got here). No pictures though because Kurt took it all on video. That night we went over to the Winfield's house for dinner and games. It had been warmer until Christmas Eve, and then it snowed that night. Christmas night, on the way home from the Winfield's, it was 11 degrees. Brrr! Needless to say, we bundled Lincoln up. And my new gloves came in handy.
Friday, January 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
First of all, your little man is adorable in his bear suit.
Second of all, James looks just like his dad in that picture. Kind of weird.
I'm kind of looking forward to our first Christmas by ourselves. :)
Post a Comment