Dear Lincoln,
I'm sorry I didn't blog your 6 month pictures and progress sooner. Depression got a hold of me and made me not want to do anything except lay in bed. But there was one thing that helped me get through every day: you. I only got out of bed because I needed to take care of you. Feed you, change your diapers, play with you, wash your clothes. Sure, I did most of this in my bed, but the fact remains that I only accomplished anything because I knew you depend on me utterly and completely.
I can't believe you're 6 months old. It blows my mind. I've loved every minute of the last 6 months--yes even the hard ones. I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to try to sleep train you this coming weekend, but now I'm not sure. I've come to love that early a.m. feeding. After you finish your bottle, I lift you onto my shoulder and you just cuddle as close to me as possible and fall asleep. It's one of my favorite times of the day.
When you turned six months old, you were scooting and sitting up. You had two teeth. You had pulled yourself up onto your knees twice. You were 95th percentile for height, 53rd for weight, and 85th for head circumference. (Ish ... I don't have the paper in front of me.) You are still such a happy, easy going kid. Everyone remarks how easy you are. You love to just hang out and explore, trying to get your hands on whatever's in front of you. The dogs have learned the hard way not to get too close. ;)
You didn't squeal--you screamed. As loud as you could. You loved to blow spit bubbles, and frankly, just spit. You still preferred chewing on fabric to anything else. You were still a cat napper, but you were doing better with your night sleep. You loved to look out the window when we were in the car. You believed that not only should you have both hands on whatever you're holding, but also both feet.
You'd had two colds, which weren't fun for either of us. You'd bonked your head a few times. And you'd had a week of teething. But even when you didn't feel well, you tried your hardest to be happy. I just love that.
Thanks for being you. You're my favorite. I love you.

1 comment:
Oh, I love this. I hope you're feeling better.
Post a Comment